So what?

           We live in penury
            Of thought
            Of sense
            Of perception
When we still rejoice at the birth of boys
                    glisten at the sight of money
                    look for easy doors
He said I was wrong
I think differently
I am (ab) normal


For I think not what most think
      look for peace not at beauty pageants
                   knowledge beyond the classroom
                   talk to all with smile
And...
we say we are changed.


         We live in penury
         Of faith.
         Of trust. 
         Of belief.
When we still  look for grooms in castes
                      marry of kids in haste
                     spent crore in rituals as the poor sleep naked and empty
And yet...
we say we are changed


It will not make a huge change. 
I think differently.
So what, if you call me (ab) normal?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bhimayana_Short Questions

Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken : Critical evaluation

The Good Morrow : A Reading